Monday, June 12, 2006

Advice from Seth MacFarlane


videos: DevilDucky, Google, YouTube, or Windows Media 1.73 MB

At recently 2006 Harvard Class day, the creator of Family Guy and American Dad, Seth MacFarlane, had some simple tips for the new graduates:
Number 1, Don’t get a tattoo of a Chinese character on your fanny if you don’t understand the language. Tattoo removal services are making a killing off people’s stupidity. It’s because little “Miss. Individuality” walks into a tattoo parlor and gets an Asian symbol she thinks it means “spiritual woman”, but then she later finds out it means “sugar substitute”.
Or worse, “crazy diarrhea”.

Videos of Seth MacFarlane's speech in full length can be found on DevilDucky, Google Video and YouTube. Thanks to Jon Rahoi and Gaijin Biker for the tips.


2 comments:

  1. I wish Seth MacFarlane was at my graduation... I love Family Guy, and Bill Nye was so boring that I fell asleep during my ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the first time I have heard a fictional example of a bad hanzi tattoo that hasn't been some 'hilarious' reference to Chinese takeout.

    ReplyDelete